3 Ways I Teach My Kid about GivingDecember 20, 2016
Quick Money Saving Tips for Holiday Spending RecoveryJanuary 5, 2017
At the beginning of every year, I make of list of goals for the New Year. I like to check in on these goals monthly to see if I am on track and do an end of year round up to see how I did and to see what goals to add to the next year. This list has helped me achieve many goals that would have fallen by the waist side if I did not write them down. Let’s see how I did for 2016 and see what is to come for 2017.
2016 Non-Financial Goals
- Eat healthier by meal planning – accomplished. I planned weekly meals including pre-packing lunches. Meal planning has cut down on the trips to the vending machines for junk food.
- Pamper myself once a month – Failed. My goal was to do something for myself once a month. Whether it was getting my nails done, a night out with the girls, or a spa day, I needed to start doing more for myself. There were months that I did not do this so I will be adding this goal to 2017.
- Start a financial blog – accomplished. I did it! I finally started my personal finance blog. Anyone who knows me knows that this is something I have wanted to do for a LONG time.
2016 Financial Goals
- Pay off student loan debt ($5,536.82) – accomplished. I was able to pay off the last of my student loans May of 2016. That was the last of our debt, besides our house. It feels very liberating to be debt free!
- Save $3,000 for Disney World vacation – accomplished! We were able to spend 5 days and 4 nights at Disney World without going into debt. It was a blast!
- Max out my Roth IRA – Failed. Unfortunately, I was not able to do this. I plan on pushing this to 2017.
2017 New Year’s Goals
- Continue to save for a new home
- Max out Roth IRA
- Save $3,000 for our annual family vacation
- Pamper myself once a month
- Post to blog twice a week
- Start process to become a Certified Financial Coach
I am looking forward to the New Year to see how I can continue to improve myself. What goals are you making for yourself for the New Year?
2 Corinthians 5:17 – Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.